A Message From Cupid
I have a little advice for you this year on Valentines Day. Let me give you a little poke and prodding. You have 1day left to figure a way to express your feelings towards your loved ones. Let me help you get your creative juices flowing. Let me explain a few “do’s and don’ts” to Valentines Day.
Here’s a few ‘deal’ breakers:
- Chocolates to those who are trying to eat healthy = bad choice.
- Gourmet Cookies… did you read the last sentence? Cookies are not healthy! Even with cute little messages.
- Champagne… slows metabolism, too risky on the effects, not to mention killer headache the next day, again, BAD.
- Flowers, although beautiful, will wilt and die in a matter of days. Of course some may love flowers (see below).
- And a final ‘don’t’…a simple card (see below)… picked up by your secretary on her lunch break…bad bad idea.
Are you feeling lost and forelorn? no worries, I have a few ideas for you, and some you won’t even have to leave your desk to obtain.
A simple card will suffice, but only if personally picked out by YOU. Or how about making a card or write a poem? Flowers, although perfectly acceptable, bump it up. Instead of cut flowers, give a flowering plant/tree that will be enjoyed for years to come. A continual reminder of your love throughout the year.
A gift card for a massage or a manicure/pedicure… a little spa time. Show your significant other they deserve a little pampering.
Do you want your special someone to know they hold the moon and stars? … have a star in the galaxy named after them. Adopt a manatee/eagle/turtle in need of rescuing. Donate to a worthy cause or charity in your loves name.
No money… no worries…Take a stroll, hike, snowshoe, ski, exercise together. Watch a movie together. Quality time! While you are together, hold hands, steal kisses, whisper sweet nothings. Make every moment special. It doesn’t have to cost a thing.
Put a little thought into your gift this year. It should come from the heart, it’s not about a price tag, some of the greatest gifts cost nothing. There is truth to ‘it’s the thought that counts’.
Valentines Day is a chance to show that special someone how much you love and admire them. Its a day to throw a little romance their way.
Happy Valentines Day!