A Work in Progress
Today is THE day.
Have you been perfect? No? Well, that's a GOOD thing!
Because we are looking for progress, not perfection.
Coach Vince Gabriel put it this way, “When you get half-way up the mountain you can look at how far you have to go or you can focus on how far you have come.”
We humans can be such difficult creatures to get along with.
“I only lost 2 pounds of fat last month!!!” and frustration sets it.
I bet if you lose 24 pounds of fat this year you would be pretty happy about it though. You will need a whole new wardrobe, and you know how much you love to shop.
You can’t lose the 24 without losing the 2.
So stop trying to be perfect all the time and be happy when you take that next step, when you make just a little more progress.
Progress might look like:
- I went shopping for the week
- I ate vegetables this morning
- My meal plan is done…for today
- I only had two cookies last night
- I walked a different route so I wouldn’t be tempted to snatch candy from the office jar
- I did something good for myself today
Progress, not perfection.
To your best health,