Asian Slaw with Mango
Recipe Type: Side Dishes
This Asian Slaw recipe combines the tang of rice wine vinegar with the sweetness of mangoes, the slight zing of scallions, and the crunchiness of cabbage.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 mango, not fully ripe
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon black and white sesame seeds
- Dice the mango and then combine it with the cabbage, carrots, scallions. Toss together in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Let it sit at least 15-20 minutes to let the dressing soak in.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- If you wait until the next day to allow the flavors to marry this zesty salad tastes even better!