- 1 head of fresh cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- Grate the fresh cauliflower. If you do not have a grater, you can chop it, but it will take a lot longer, so go ahead and buy one. It helps to cut the cauliflower into 3-4 large chunks so you can easily hold it as you grate.
- Take grated cauliflower and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes depending on microwave. Do not add water as cauliflower retains plenty of it and will release moisture as it heats up.
- Once cooked, add salt to taste.
- This dish makes a great substitute for rice.