Turn the Speed Down to Your Advantage
Too many of us rush here and there. The western diet of fast food, pour from a can or out of a box, heat and serve, grab and go is slowly killing us. Let’s slow ourselves down and eat to regain our health.
- Eat slowly and mindfully. Pay attention. Breathe.
- Make food that looks beautiful and smells good. Taste it as if you were at a wine tasting event.
- Share mealtime with others. A bonus would be to eat in a relaxing environment.
- Eat whole foods. Notice the different textures, temperatures, and tastes.
- Get plenty of protein, along with healthy fats and beautiful colorful veggies.
- Include fermented foods such as sauerkraut and kimchi to keep the intestinal bacteria happy and healthy.
- Stay active. Our bodies work best when we move.
- Relax. Recover and de-stress. Get at least 7 hours of sleep.
Slow yourself down. It does YOUR body good.
To your best health,