Healthy Fats- 10 Reasons to Add Them in Your Meals
Eating a greater proportion of your calories from fat can help you achieve optimal body composition. Your body requires a decent amount of fat to stay lean for the following reasons:
- Fat makes up the outside layer of all the cells in your body. Ideally, this lipid layer will be composed of omega 3 fats because this makes the cells more sensitive to insulin, allowing for a more energetic metabolism and less inflammation.
- By decreasing your carb intake and replacing it with fat, you can improve insulin sensitivity reduce inflammation and support your metabolism
- Omega 3 fats help turn on genes that are involved with lipolysis or the burning of fat, while turning off the genes that store fat
- Omega 3 fats also support thyroid hormone function which is a hormone closely involved in body fat regulation.
- Cholesterol, which comes with fat is used to make hormones. Eating a greater proportion of fat allows for hormonal balance of androgens such as testosterone and estrogen. Fat loss and the maintenance of a lean physique are much easier if hormones are balanced.
- Fat is filling. When paired with a nice dose of protein, fat can lead to greater satisfaction from eating, curbing hunger and cravings.
- Adequate good fat intake helps prevent depression. Our brain is mainly made from cholesterol and fat.
- Healthy fats in the right ratio are needed for bone mineral density and prevention of osteoporosis. Fats help our vitamins get around inside of us.
- Cancer is influenced by many lifestyle factors, but limiting omega 6 oil intake in favor of whole food fats such as olives, avocados, and unprocessed animal fats appear to reduce the cancer risk.
- Better skin, eye health, stronger immune systems, and better cholesterol ratios
Bottom line healthy fats help you lose fat by improving metabolism, balancing hormones and eliminating the constant cravings. They improve brain health, help our cholesterol ratios to stay in line. They help us to fight off diseases, including cancer.
To Your Best Health,